Sunday 29 December 2013

Role models and inspiration

Actually, I started drawing my first comic strips and cartoons somtime around the age of six. I remember I enjoyed the process as much as reading the comics. My first strips were about the ants and they were packed with action and screaming. At the time I was mesmerised by the Disney's animated movies, as well as by the other similar cartoons like: Tom and Jerry, Woody Woodpecker, Popeye, etc. My favourite feature films from the time were westerns, history movies, sci-fi films and Italian sword and sandals movies.
The comics I loved were of course Disney's, but some Franco-Belgian and British ones were on the top of my list.





Here are some pages from the British Dan Dare comic by Frank Hampson and his team and a greeting card I have produced.

No comments:

Post a Comment